Melasma, one of the most concerned problems among girls
Melasma, also called ‘chloasma’, is a common skin condition of adults in which light to dark brown or greyish pigmentation develops, mainly on the face.
What causes melasma?
1. Primary factor which causes melasma is hormones such as the contraceptive pill, and very occasionally medical conditions affecting hormone levels during pregnancy can bring on melasma
2. Melasma can run in families, suggesting an inherited tendency.
3. Sunshine and the use of sun-beds usually worsen any tendency to melasma preventing by applying sunscreen cream, putting hat and umbrella. Try to avoid sunshine during 10.00-15.00.
4. Medicine or cream with steroids can cause skin very sensitive. Try to avoid applying cream which is over advertising.
5. Stress causes oxidative stress which stimulates melanin.